Luleå dairies. Day 12. Expereince at the bank

Luleå dairies. Day 12. Time 4 p.m

Went to the bank today. They have few banks here, unlike Bangladesh, where I was used to seeing ample number of banks.

Most banks ask for the identification number (person number), passport, and a letter from the university. I am yet to have the identification number.

Banks usually do not help before having an person number. I however managed to convince the SWIDBANK that I need an account desperately to pay my bills, house rent and bus fare (buses here only take cards, no cash!) They were nice enough to let me open an account but said will be operated in limited capacity till I get my person number.

I wanted to open the account today. They told me I have to take an appointment for that. That appointment is scheduled one week from now!

I am familiar with seeing suited booted bankers in Dhaka, here they are quite casual in their approach.

More on banking later...


Comments