Day 4 in Luleå. Time: 7:15 p.m.


Luleå diary. Day 4. 7:15 p.m.

Things are done here in Luleå with ease. Fast.

We went to the city corporation; they call it kommun, to inquire about Wafiq's school. I brought his transfer certificate, result sheets, report cards, birth certificates from Bangladesh.

But the lady at the kommun just asked for his age and confirmed it with his passport and told us a school, close to our neighborhood will contact us next week. It was that simple. Took us only three minutes!

I forget to bring mouse with my laptop so went to a computer shop. The least expensive one was priced at 199 SEK which is 9 times higher than in Bangladesh. I cursed myself ( in Bangla ) and bought one with a gloomy face.

Had a long walk near the sea in the afternoon. Loved the scene near the harbor. The cold breezes however gave indications of what to expect in coming days.


As I think of it now, for abba and amma, letting me go was not that difficult, they kind of knew it was coming this year or next. But to let go Wafiq was very difficult for them I know. Wafiq became part of their daily life. I feel guilty that I took their grandson away from them.

It is however a relief that video chats are there to bridge the gap. Wafiq calls them twice every day. Amma was shattered when we came. Today, I noticed she is a little better. Asma, being a sensible family person, is in regular contact with abba, amma and other relatives. My lacking in this front is quite visible.



Info: 
Skatteverket
City tax office in Luleå
Located in: Strand Galleria
Storgatan 33, 972 32 Luleå

Comments