Change of food habits, dealing with chili wind and jogging

It’s been two weeks here in Luleå. The most significant change is being felt during the morning ritual - clearing of my stomach. And burps, belches for that matter. Maybe because of the bad food habit I maintained back home; always had constipation and acidity bothering me. Now with less oil, less mosholla and more timely food intakes, I am clearing my stomach right after the morning coffee. Oh yea! It feels good. This has enhanced my productivity I think. What is more, I feel lighter!

I haven’t seen any street food here. Surely there are a few somewhere in the city but I haven’t seen yet. I was a street food person. I in fact used to search for new street food destinations. And all street foods of Dhaka are not hygienic. Probably that contributed to my stomach issues. But it’s gone now! Clap clap.


We are yet to get person number from the Skatteverket. No person number, no bank account, no bank account, no admission to Swedish language course or driving school. Thus for Asma, things are not moving much. She wanted to get into the language course but the academy said a person number is required. However, Asma made a friend. A Bangladeshi lady. They go to shopping every alternate day. 

Weather is getting cooler. At deep night it gets down to 2 degree celsius. We don’t go anywhere at night therefore it’s not affecting us. In daytime it floats between 7 and 9. Sometimes the wind make it feel chillier, otherwise that’s bearable. So far that is. Heard it started snowing in the far north. We might experience it soon. I am not looking forward to that!

Wafiq is passionate about cooking it seems. I knew he had interest in cooking but found after coming to Lulea, he is quite passionate about it. He however does not clean up the kitchen area after cooking is done. But he will get there soon I suppose. His passion is rising up our weekly grocery expense but as long as it is an added skill, Asma and I decided to back him up.

I started jogging in the afternoons with the motivation that I have to reduce the weight. Bought a bottle of apple cider vinegar to speed up the process of weight loss. It testes yuck. Thus bought apple juice. Now I mix cider vinegar with juice. It still tastes yuck but less yuck than only cider vinegar.

Comments